Six Reasons Why Madd Mary is Better
Six Reasons Why Madd Mary is Better Than Your Favorite New Female Rapper
Los Angeles, July 2011 – After years navigating through the ups and downs of the music business, Los Angeles based rapper Madd Mary has finally released her first EP, “The Kitchen Press”. Confident in her ability to bring substance and creativity to an industry saturated by sex, violence, and over-the-top materialism, Madd Mary is willing to bet that what she brings to the table will make any true Hip Hop connoisseur a fan.
Inspired by Hip Hop icons like MC Lyte and Lauryn Hill who have come before her, Madd Mary has no problem giving these luminaries their due respect. However, she takes issue with most of today’s female rappers who she says, “Do nothing to push the art form forward or give the listeners something unique.” To prove her point, she’s come up with 6 reasons why she’s better than any current female rappers:
1. “I don’t have a man writing my lyrics like so many female rappers often do. I’m an adult and I can express myself by myself.”
2. “I can get my point across without being foul-mouthed. I leave that to more immature rappers who haven’t developed their vocabulary yet.”
3. “I won the “Best Female Rapper” award at the 2003 N.Y Int’l Music Festival off the strength of my mixtape. Not too many artists win awards without an official album already released.”
4. “I give my listeners balance. My music is thought-provoking and entertaining without sacrificing one for the other.”
5. “Me and my cousin, who is also a female, produced a third of the EP. How many females do you know who rap and produce their own music? Not many.”
6. “This EP gives you just a little taste of what the full length album will sound like. You haven’t heard anything yet.”
As evidence that such boasting isn’t simply a ploy to profit off hype and sensationalism, Madd Mary’s EP is available as a free download at WhoIsMaddMary.com. She is currently working on a full length album as well as a documentary titled, “Diary of a Female Rapper”. To get the latest info on Madd Mary’s projects, visit her at www.facebook.com/whoismaddmary and follow her on Twitter at @whoismaddmary.
About Madd Mary
Madd Mary is an L.A. based rapper dedicated to making Hip Hop music that is both intelligent and entertaining. In 2001, she crafted an 11-track demo that garnered the attention of urban powerhouse label Def Jam. After negotiations fell apart, the disappointed but determined MC dropped a mixtape that would win her the “Best Female, Hip-Hop” award (’03 N.Y Int’l Music Festival), an Underground Music Award nomination and a nod from the editors of Billboard Magazine to showcase in the Discmaker’s Independent Music World Series finals (’06). Mary’s current EP, “The Kitchen Press”, is most notable for its absence of the sexually explicit lyrics so prevalent among other rappers. Armed with raw talent and an indomitable will, Madd Mary is determined to lead a new generation of independent MC’s-both male and female, into a brave new world.
S&H Public Relations